Designed for ReadCube Papers, Enterprise and Anywhere Access customers, the new ReadCube Papers browser extension enhances the workflows in your research lifecycle: from searching and navigating to the full-text, to staying organized, reading and annotating, sharing and collaborating with colleagues, and finally citing papers and generating a bibliography in a manuscript.
• Find papers as you normally would across the web, including discovery sites like PubMed, Google Scholar, Dimensions, BioRxiv and most journal websites. Our extension instantly recognizes if a paper is in a personal or shared library collection for instant access. No more downloading the same paper multiple times.
• If it’s a new addition to your library, save references and PDFs, if available, directly to a personal or shared collection within your library. No more random PDFs piling up in your download folder or desktop.
• If you have the paper in your library, you can enjoy the same Enhanced PDF reading experience through our streamed PDF that opens wherever you are discovering new papers. Hyperlinked inline references, annotation and drawing tools, streamed supplemental files, article metrics, high-res figure browser and more.
• For users belonging to an academic institution subscribing to the Anywhere Access library service, you will see accelerated access to your library’s holdings
• For ReadCube Papers Enterprise users belonging to an organization subscribing to the Anywhere Access document delivery services, you’ll have additional instant purchase option buttons available facilitating full-text access across thousands of journal titles.
Any questions or feedback? Send it our way at [email protected]
Please keep going! I have been using Mendeley for years! But Mendeley is slowly dying “thanks to” Elsevier. Recently, I discovered ReadCube, and find it fantastic. I really hope that ReadCube can be better and better! Please Keep Going!
This might be a helpful extension for people in other circumstances, but if you’re here because (like me), you’re trying to get university access to an article/book from Wiley or some other publisher and they forced you down this rabbit hole, stop now and save yourself the trouble. This is not a service, it’s a wall, and it’s inhibiting research by bogging people down and, in my case, not even working after I went through all the trouble.
1. PDF opened in chrome sometimes can’t be imported.
2. Can’t directly add paper from the extension icon any more.
I am currently an undergraduate student and every once in awhile I need to write research papers for some of my classes. The ReadCube Chrome extension has been incredibly helpful in keeping all of the references that I need in one easily accessible place. Often I would bookmark articles I had found and have to search back through my bookmarks to find them. With ReadCube I don’t need to keep 15 or 16 tabs open in order to find what I need, any PDFs are easily saved to my ReadCube library where I can keep them in folders by topic or interest. The Chrome extension comes up whenever I pull up a PDF and allows me to save it directly to my library.
Another feature that I appreciate about ReadCube is that it allows me to log in with a proxy whenever I am off campus in order to access full PDFs. This has been extremely helpful as I am most often off campus when I am trying to find references for my research papers. I would recommend this to anyone having to do research, especially undergraduate students like myself.
HI.THIS IS GREAT
This is excellent functionality but one key missing feature is the ability to recognize and tell you if an article is already in your library.** It is possible to repeatedly add multiple duplicates to your library without any indication.
**Update: The extension now has a feature wherein the import window shows “In Library” when you already have the item in your library!! Unfortunately, this only seems to work sometimes.
I want to give you a feedback. When I use this extension, I cannot upload file on Canvas.
Excelente aplicación, fácil, intuitiva.
La extensión una maravilla.
please keep updating the extension
Terrific! Extremely useful. Congrats. César Nahoum
CPU hog, slows down the browser on every page by reacting to every click on a button (easily verifiable by opening DevTools). Please fix this, or open source it so that developers can help, because this is unacceptable for an extension.
Must have chrome extension for researchers!