Salesforce does not provide any feature to extract the Dependent Picklist Matrix for analysis, comparison and reporting. This extension helps to export the dependency matrix as a CSV file and supports using “View All” for more than 5000 entries.
– Supported in Classic
– Supported in Lightning
Demo for Export Matrix : https://youtu.be/g4nyMhoEIRk
Demo for “View All” feature : https://youtu.be/ZHaOYemMgjQ
Steps to use:
– Set the user language to English.
– Go to the Edit/View page of the Dependent Picklist, where the picklist values are included/excluded based on the Parent value. (Shown in the screenshot)
– Ensure you are on the first page of the matrix.
– Right click anywhere on the web page and click “Export Picklist Matrix” option from the context Menu. This context menu option is available only in the dependent picklist matrix view.
– The CSV file will be downloaded automatically with name “-“. The file has a header row with first column as Parent Field and second column as Child Field.
– Characters like > are represented as > and similarly for other special characters.
For View All feature (Tested for 300 x 1000 matrix which is the max you can create):
– Click on the “View All” button to see all the values on single page.
– Be patient for the page to load. It can take some time if the matrix is large.
– If you get page not responsive alert click on “Wait” to continue processing. Do this as many times as you get alert.
Without using this extension when you click “View All” you will receive error “The table has over 5,000 entries. “View All” is disabled.” if there are more than 5000 entries.
NOTE: Tested to work when user language is set to English.
Giving your valuable review and rating will be an appreciation token to the developer.
– Added support for “View All” for more than 5000 entries.
– bug fixes
This worked flawlessly.
Awesome tool , practically a no-brainer to use and it does the job (fast).
It isn’t all-singing, all-dancing, but it does what it says on the tin and it works first time. For me, that makes it a winner. This one is “going in the swag” of useful extensions I use every day.
Works as expected. Just right click on the page showing the dependencies and an option is available allowing you to export.
Very nice and easy to use maninder. Awesome.
Saved me a lot of time! Easy to install and use.
easy and quick to install/execute. Saved me a bunch of time.
Great tool – much needed for Salesforce field – will save me alot of time moving forward.
Amazing extension. Saved a lot of work from my end. I had a small issue getting it installed, after an email to the developer this was solved and it was easy sailing. A must for any Administrator using Salesforce
Great time saver