A Chrome extension to produce summaries of news articles.
How it works:
1. Scrape Article heading and body from the current active tab using jQuery.
2. Pre-process the body by removing stop words and stemming words using the Porter-Stemmer algorithm.
3. Produce an array of sentence which will make up nodes in the graph.
4. Produce the graph using TF-IDF values of the sentences and the cosine similarity as the weight between nodes.
5. Run the graph through Google’s PageRank algorthim.
6. Choose the highest ranking nodes to produce a summary.