This little extension allows user to autocomplete emotes when writing on chat.
Initialization takes around 15 seconds (Twitch Emotes loading is slow).
After you type in chat you will get a list emote list.
Works for multiple words, emote can be selected by mouse or keyboard arrows + enter.
Please keep in mind that in order for this to work you have to use Google Chrome base browser, have BTTV installed and running and you have to be logged into Twitch account. You can enable Emote Menu in BTTV Settings manually or extension will do that for you on startup.
– added z-index value for autocomplete field so it doesnt disappear below chat after few minutes
– removed focus option, cant choose items by enter anymore, it caused a lot of lag somehow, will try to fix it later
– added BTTV Emote Menu check (if its off it will be turned on, extension takes addon list from there)
-fixed addon name and updated product info
-fixed z-index again (old settings didn’t work all the time)
-extension is updating emote list on channel change now
-if list is not updated its because of BTTV Emote List. If you want clean list you can reload page manually
-fixed value input
-removed duplicated emotes from list
-enter and down arrow work properly now on select and focus
-changed required word size for autocomplete to appear, now requires 2 characters
-added emojis autocomplete (need to enable them in settings, list may get very long)
-made sure duplicates wont appear on autocomplete list
-added an option to get 5 recent emotes used in chat by ALL users, default phrase for that is “rec” (can be changed in settings)
-fixed image path
– chrome security fix
– fixed bug with long loading time and missing emotes (additional, channel specific emotes weren’t loading correctly). Right now there should be significant improvement.
– code refactoring
– further loading time and emote discovery logic improvement
– site reloading shouldn’t be necessary now in most cases.
– added Firefox version and fixed the bug when BTTV emote button is not present