Extension improves uttv.ee video player keyboard shortcut support and adds keyboard shortcuts to moodle.ut.ee videos. The extension also makes it easier to download videos from uttv, moodle and panopto for offline use (keyboard shortcut: ‘d’).
Keyboard shortcuts added by the extension:
– change speed (playback rate): up/down arrow keys
– fast forward/backward:
— Left/Right (10sec),
— Ctrl + Left/Right (60sec),
— Shift + Left/Right arrow key (5min)
– jump to X%: number keys 1-9 (e.g. key 5 jumps to 50% of the video)
– play/pause: spacebar or single-click on video
– full screen: f or double-click on video
– theater mode (uttv): t
– change volume: +/-
– mute: m
– save timestamp: s
– load timestamp: l
– embed video: e
– download video: d
– copy video screen capture to clipboard: c
Previous versions of the extension also added new buttons to the uttv.ee video player. After the introduction of the new uttv video player (videojs) in December 2017, this functionality became obsolete, as luckily the new player implemented most of the features added by the extension.
New buttons (temporarily disabled)
– change video playback rate (1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x)
– fast forward/backward (10s, 60s, 5min)
– save and load timestamp (enables the user to save a location in the video and continue watching from it later)
– theater mode (makes video player larger)
Use the options menu (chrome://extensions/ > uttv extender > Options) to set visibility of the buttons (i.e. if you’d only like to use the keyboard shortcuts) and their auto-hide feature.
– Added theater mode for videos embedded to moodle (shortcut ‘t’)
– Added functionality to copy video screen capture to clipboard (shortcut ‘c’)
– Improve keyboard shortcut integration
– Add keyboard shortcuts to moodle.ut.ee videos (uttv/h5p).
– Allows downloading (keyboard shortcut: d) and opening embedded view (keyboard shortcut: e) for some moodle and panopto videos.
0.0.9 (29 December 2017)
– Add partial support (keyboard shortcuts) to new UTTV video player
– stylize buttons and add new icons
– added localization (support for Estonian language)
– added options-menu
– buttons are auto-hidden by default when mouse cursor is moved away from video element (you can disable this from the options-menu)
– improve ‘theater mode’ element positioning
– timestamp-button titles change automatically depending on the width of the screen
– added’theater mode’
– initial release