DuckieTV is a Google Chrome / Opera extension that takes care of TV-Show addicts by providing a personalized TV-Show calendar. DuckieTV makes sure the information is always up-to-date and gives you an integrated blocking-resistant torrent search to help you get to the right download as easy as possible.
With the integrated DuckieTorrent client you can connect DuckieTV to your local uTorrent/BitTorrent client and be updated on the download progress without switching applications. Experimental ChromeCast integration even provides the possibility to stream videos to your TV while still downloading.
As of v0.60 DuckieTV also is also finally becoming a worthy SickBeard competitor by introducing an automatic downloading of shows that have aired and translations into 11 languages. (English, Deutch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 한국어, Nederlands, Purtugese, Русский, Svenska, 简体中文 )
— !!! NOTE This Version does not take over your ‘new tab’ page! !!! —
* v1.1.4 : Fixed images. Swapped out a lot of search engines. Many, many bugfixes and new features. Check the changelog at https://github.com/SchizoDuckie/DuckieTV/releases/tag/1.1.4
* v1.1.3 : Updated translations, many bugfixes and new features. check the changelog at https://github.com/SchizoDuckie/DuckieTV/releases/tag/1.1.3
* v1.1.2 : Fixed missing deps in previous release.
* v1.1.0 : Changelog too long to list here. Please check it at http://duckie.tv/ !
* v1.0.1 : Fixed release error
* v1.00 : Completely revamped user interface (now with 100% more sexyness) – Added support for Tixati, Transmission and qBittorrent torrent clients – Added Strike and RarBG torrent search providers – Added calendar grouping for netflix episode dumps – Initial version of Subtitle search available from episodes panel – Removed Chromecast integration. (Use getvideostream.com and the app!) – Autodownloads now use the configured torrent provider – Revamped the way torrent search engines are created and registered – Shows can be marked as downloaded as well as watched, and downloaded episodes can be highlighted on the calendar – Added Trakt.TV Trending category filters, caching for Trakt.TV trending list – Fixes for DuckieTV standalone: now using frame-less window, open external links in default browser, window and unminimize from tray works in Ubuntu, added upgrade check and notification, and zoom control is now 1:1 with chrome browser – Database performance improvement (including less frequent ratings updates) – added ‘Watch on Netflix’ button for Netflix shows – numerous other small changes and bugfixes to list
* v0.94 : Switched to the new (hopefully more stable) trakt.tv endpoint, Added actor and rating info back to serie details, Fixed KAT Mirror Resolver and custom setting and added back TPB mirror selection to torrent settings, Changed default KAT mirror back to kickass.to, Minor tweaks to auto-download and updatecheck mechanisms, Built a little standalone website to turn off uTorrent’s ads with one click. ( http://schizoduckie.github.io/PimpMyuTorrent/)
* v0.93 : Welcome back TPB! Added ShowRSS.info as a custom datasource
* v0.92 : Fixed problem with deployment script: moment.js was not included, breaking torrent searches for shows that are released with a date format.
* v0.91 : Fixed some people’s problems with the upgrade and now-missing watched indicators (They’ll restore automatically).Removed Torrents.fm (domain cancelled), Fixed OldPirateBay on https. Fixed Timezone offset for torrent search with dates, added some requested scene names and updated some translations in Italian, Dutch and English.
* v0.90 : Fixed TraktTV v2 API, compensated for TPB being down, many performance improvements, updated dutch and italian translations
* v0.82 : Fixed chrome v39 compatibility, sync engine still a work in progress.
* v0.81 : Some changes to the add to favorites screen, now showing detailed show information on hover. Also, some changes to make DuckieTV work in standalone mode, no chrome required! Get it at https://github.com/SchizoDuckie/DuckieTV/releases/
* v0.80 : A minor update with big impact: Daylight Savings Time fix by /u/garfield69
* v0.79 : Fixed infinite digest in calendar preventing usage on huge databases. Updated torrent autoDownloader to handle the same logic as the torrentDialog
* v0.78 : Fixed ‘yes-all’ and ‘no-all’ dialogs..
* v0.77 : Added ‘yes-all’ and ‘no-all’ buttons for confirming remote deletions in storage sync, preventing users to potentially have to confirm loads of deletions. Fixed StorageSyncService only syncing one show at a time.
* v0.76 : fixed a potential problem with hidden shows on the calendar and missing cast_sender.js
* v0.75 : DuckieTV is much faster now, Easily delete shows from series you’re watching, Database write indicators, Improved error handling and credentials validation for Trakt.TV, Update mechanism improved to handle TheTVDB reassigning ID’s (fixing duplicate/disappearing shows on your calendar after an update), IMDB / Wikipedia links on the show details page, Added ability to hide ‘Specials’ for shows (like Dr. Who), Bandwidth consumption improvements, Shows that have ended will now only be checked for updates every 2 weeks, Fixed Torrent Dialog search box to automatically grab keyboard focus, Torrent auto-download service now runs every 2 hours instead of every 4 hours, Fixed ‘Scenename’ lookup for downloads.
* v0.70 : One of the most requested features was added: You can now sync your shows and watched episodes from and to Trakt.TV! The “Most visited sites” drawer can now be changed to open on click, syncing your favorite shows via your Google account works again. and you can now print the calendar.
* v0.62 : Fixed a problem with the add series typeahead
* v0.61 : Fixed deployment problem for english/uk users.
* v0.60 : New tabs interface in settings thanks to /u/Js41637, Introduced Internationalisation and translations thanks to /u/Garfield69, Initial translations into English and Dutch, the 9 other most popular languages are included in auto-translated form. Optimized watched indicator in calendar, added Trakt.TV’s trending shows to ‘series you’re watching’, made it possible to use the basic features of DuckieTV as a regular website: http://DuckieTV.github.io/DuckieTV/ (browsers that support WebSQL only! Tested on Chrome/Opera/Android)
* v0.55 : Fixes and improvements for the calendar, double loading images and GUI by /u/Garfield69 and /u/Js41637 Thanks guys!!!
* v0.54 : Layout CSS tuning and bugfixes by /u/Js41637 (Thanks!). Support for uTorrent 3.4.1 alpha, Fixed KAT parsing, Added extra permission for huge series (>5mb) databases.
* v0.53 : CSS/layout fixes, Fixed the timers that went missing, fixed the auto-update service, fixed restore watchlist timers, improved memory usage on backup restore.
* v0.52 : Fixed magnet URI catching and saving everywhere you can launch a torrent search for an episode. Added a popup menu on the torrent dialog with access to source, torrent and magnet links for each result
* v0.51 : Fixed several marking episode as watched issues
* v0.50 : Complete UI overhaul, uTorrent integration, experimental Chromecast integration, many performance improvements
* v0.43 : Made sure migrations don’t run on fresh installs
* v0.42 : Fixed missing scheduled event and chrome alarm delete procedure when deleting series.
* v0.41 : Fixed ‘browser action mode’ not launching on icon click.
* v0.40 : Switched to Trakt.TV API. Created backup/restore function. Added seasons. Reworked torrent dialog. Fixed timezone mess. Added Calendar week mode. temporarily disabled browser sync. Added ‘download whole season’. Added ‘download .torrent’ link in dialog.
* v0.35 : Synchronized versions after another manual screwup, created fully automated deployment process using macro’s. Fixed 10/10 ratings in overview.
v0.34: Fixed swap between browser action and new tab version again. this is my punishment for working late into the night 🙁
* v0.33 : Updated sync option with permanent sync feature. Added functionality for when remote series are deleted. Multiple styling and consistency updates. Synced date formats. Added episode ratings chart on series overview page.
* v0.32 : Added experimental Sync option. Hit the ‘sync’ button in settings to push your current series list into the cloud. Open DuckieTV on another computer computer (signed in with the same google account), sit back and watch the magic. (watched episodes will be transferred in a later version)
* v0.31 : Fixed grid layout for 1200+px wide screens, Fixed naive TVRage id resolving for something more solid. Now matches both by name and optionally firstaired on multiple matches.
* v0.30 : Renamed from ‘SeriesGuide Chrome v2’ to DuckieTV! Reworked TVRage parsing to resolve bugs with episode numbering. Special handling for pawn stars like renaming errors means that these have less info to show for now, but more works properly. Implemented adding missing episodes from TVRage (like S01E01 that’s missing for a lot of shows).
* v0.28 : Fixed layout bugs, timezone offset for the other half of the world, default settings
* v0.27 : Implemented quality selection for episode search queries in settings. You can now search by default for none/HDTV/480p/720p/1080p
* v0.26 : Fixed a timezone offset bug for historical dates, showing shows that have already aired at the wrong date.
* v0.25 : GUI updates: Made backgrounds blend with black to improve readability, Implemented new settings toggles: ‘extra wide calendar’ and ‘hide torrent searchbox from main page’, created switch to show your favorite shows in grid mode (which takes less space), various touchups.
* v0.24 : Implemented switch preference to select default search provider (ThePirateBay or KickassTorrents) that’s used for downloads by default, fixed setting custom tpb proxy gui
v0.22 : Fixed TPB parsing
v0.21 : Added setting to disable torrent functionality, Added piratebay mirror resolver and manual override, added setting to hide TopSites, switched to google’s site screenshot service like used on their new tab (the api that I used was getting slow due to the popularity of this extension) merged to a single codebase for both extensions.
v0.20 : Implemented Scene Name Resolver for series that have an alternate scene name
v0.19 : Implemented automagic PirateBay Proxy Resolver
v0.18 : Fixed date bug showing items on previous day on calendar.
v0.17 : Styling improvements, layouting and useability improvements. created #/watchlist url (still hidden for now), torrentfreak top10, mocked up #/settings page
v0.16 : Fixed TVRage sync and made it automagic
v0.15 : Cleaned up the layout and merged search engines.
v0.14 : TVRage Sync under series details. Fixes wrong episode numbers in the TVDB database for shows like ‘Pawn Stars’. (Github #20) Click the Episode number column in the table to activate.
v0.13 : Browser Action Mode created
v0.12 : Added kickass torrent search for when thepiratebay is down. Will be reworked into something nicer soon
v0.11 : First ‘browser action’ release
v0.10 : First public release.
– Read and modify browser history -> For the access to the ChromeTopSites api (to show your most used tabs)
– Access to your data on all websites -> For being able to scrape several sites.
If you want to verify what’s happening in code yourself, check the github repo