Goodreads ratings for Amazon is a small extension that shows Goodreads ratings in Amazon pages. It also provides with a link to directly visit the Goodreads page.
Works with most Amazon domains.
This extension just asks for the minimal permissions needed. If you have any doubt about it just take a look at the source code at github.
**Goodreads ratings for Amazon** by **Ruben Martinez** is licensed as GPLv3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt).
For bugs report send me an email to
or visit the github project page at
1.7.4 – 2020.04.23
– Improved detection for book product pages.
1.7.3 – 2019.11.15
– Adds a new method for obtaining the correct ISBN/ASIN for Audible.com.
– Improved ISBN/ASIN number detection.
1.7.2 – 2019.03.26
– Fixes problem with CORB on newest Chrome versions.
1.7.0 – 2018.12.27
– Adds support for audible.com domains. Works only if audio book version si registered in Goodreads.
1.6.3 – 2018.12.01
– Fixed: the extension wasn’t working due to a change in the Goodreads site code.
1.6.2 – 2018.09.18
– Added more methods for searching for the isbn.
– Added support for new Amazon layout.
1.6.1 – 2017.11.16
– New icon design.
– Replaces innerHTML with DOM Parser.
1.6 – 2017.11.14
1.5.5 – 2017.09.24
– Fixes alignment on some pages.
1.5.4 – 2017.09.21
– Restores average rating text.
1.5.3 – 2017.09.18
– Updated jquery library
1.5.2 – 2017.09.17
– Improved security when retrieving Goodreads information.
– Fixes wrong links when book is not found or item is not book.
– General cleanup.
1.5.1 – 2017.09.01
– Search book information with both ISBN-10 and ISBN-13 to ensure the book is found in Goodreads.
– Fixed minor problems with alignment and extra spaces.
1.5 – 2017.08.30
– Added support for Amazon Smile domains.
– Removed textual rating and improved alignment.
– Firefox: migrated from old Addons SDK to Web Extensions.
1.4 – 2015.10.26
– Replaces innerHTML with JQuery .find directly into the string to get the book info.
Doesn’t work, “Goodreads query failed”
Does what I want it to do. It’s great!
Great little simple tool!
One of my favorite chrome extensions. Incredible how a small addition to make a difference and save time for me. Amazing!
Incredibly useful for both anyone who loves books and works with them a lot. Great support, too. 🙂
Works on most books, but doesn’t work for some others, e.g., https://www.amazon.com/TCP-Illustrated-Vol-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/0201633469/
You’ve saved me so many clicks, thank you!!!
Even works on non-US Amazon sites.
It doesnt seem to be working. I see no changes to the amazon page
Seems broken recently. It’s showing links on amazon products that aren’t books.
They all link to this book for some reason: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/978.Point_Deception
This extension is great works as described and oopens a new link for goodreads.
Works a treat (June 2016). Super useful, just the time-saver I was looking for.
This one actually works. Thanks.