Version 10.1.0 maintenance release
* Fixed: XPATH parameter of EVENT command does not work
* Fixed: EVAL returns an empty/null value when the final expression evaluates to 0 (it now correctly returns 0)
* Fixed: Referencing an invalid variable with PROMPT causes macro to hang
* Fixed: Newlines are not handled properly in PROMPT text
* Fixed: iimOpen(“-cr”, False) can only attach to an existing browser if it has not yet played any macro⚑
* Added support for -simpleui option when launching with the API (iimOpen)⚑
* Other minor fixes
* Macro variables are initialized to an empty string
* Specifying duplicate attribute values in the ATTR parameter of the TAG command results in an error
* !EXTRACT is cleared on each iteration when looping
* Extraction popup is not displayed by default when looping
* SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP YES is no longer ignored when using the API (iimPlay)
* Sidebar is opened by default when launching with the API (iimOpen)
⚑ requires updates to File Access and Enterprise API
iMacros for Chrome 10.0 is a web automation solution that offers an updated, cleaner user interface combined with new support for file uploads and full support for Events mode.
⚑ Need to continue using your existing macro (.iim) files but don’t have the File Access module? See http://wiki.imacros.net/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_use_my_existing_macro_.28.iim.29_files_with_iMacros_for_Chrome_without_the_File_Access_module.3F
⚑ We have collected a few other tips on using iMacros for Chrome freeware in http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chrome#Tips_for_using_iMacros_for_Chrome_freeware
Read what is new:
* New color and icons, modern and clean design
* New support for file uploads
* Added replay speed control to the iMacros Settings
* Added support for the !PLAYBACKDELAY command
* Added read-only !FOLDER_MACROS and !FOLDER_DOWNLOAD variables to specify the directory for saving macros
* Events mode now fully supported.
* Fixed numerous software errors
With the release of iMacros for Chrome 10.0, some features are only available with a Personal Edition (or higher) license. Purchase any iMacros license (https://imacros.net/store) and download the File Access for iMacros Extensions module from your Ipswitch account. Customers with active service agreements for iMacros 12 already will be able to access this new module for upgrading to the full version of iMacros for Chrome 10.0. Download the installer from your Ipswitch Community account.
If you encounter any problems with iMacros for Chrome, please let us know in our Chrome user forum at http://forum.imacros.net/viewforum.php?f=21
Our forum is also the best place for new feature suggestions.
iMacros is designed to automate the most repetitious tasks on the web. If there’s an activity you have to do repeatedly, just record it in iMacros. The next time you need to do it, the entire macro will run at the click of a button! With iMacros, you can quickly and easily fill out web forms, remember passwords, create a webmail notifier, and more. You can keep the macros on your computer for your own use, use them within bookmark sync / Xmarks or share them with others by embedding them on your homepage, blog, company Intranet or any social bookmarking service as bookmarklet. The uses are limited only by your imagination!
Popular uses are as web macro recorder, form filler on steroids and highly-secure password manager (256-bit encryption).
Web developers use iMacros for web regression testing, performance testing and web transaction monitoring. It can also be combined with Google Speed Tracer, Firebug and other web development and test tools. XPath support is included.
iMacros can be combined with Greasemonkey style content scripts and the macros can be started via the command line e. g. via the Windows task scheduler, batch files or a Linux cron job.
You can combine iMacros with ad-blocking extensions like AdBlock, FlashBlock and AdThwart to speed up the web browsing.
It does not work in IE Tab, but for IE we have iMacros for Internet Explorer.
Macros recorded with iMacros for Chrome can be replayed in iMacros for IE and iMacros for Firefox without changes! All iMacros versions combined have millions of active users, making it the most popular web browser automation tool.
For more information please visit http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chrome
and the active user forum at http://forum.imacros.net/ .