“Safe Web” s a simple light-weight, but yet powerful Parental Control / Web Filter, that filters websites according to their category. It has all the features that can be found to other Anti-Porn / Anti-Malicious PRO applications.
Unlike other similar extensions, it filters websites based on sophisticated algorithms, not just their text content (e.g. words: porn, sex, anal, e.t.c.), so it works on all websites even those written to Arabic and Chinese languages.
[+] General features:
– Integrated solution for all Web Browsers (Chrome, Firefox & Microsoft Edge).
– Stealth mode functionality.
– Password protected configuration page.
– Date and time that extension was last enabled, so you can check if someone remove and reinstall the extension.
– 28 website categories that can be filtered (including porn, adult, malicious, gambling, social networking and others).
– Website whitelist & blacklist.
– Choice to deny access to all websites, except these aren’t explicitly whitelisted.
– Forces specific search engines (google, yahoo, bing, yandex, duckduckgo) functionality, in family safe mode. All other search engines are substituted by google.
– Forces youtube.com functionality, in restricted mode.
a “dangerous site” should be blocked before it even has a chance of loading and its contents seen by the user
I loved it. It is a great and safe filter. But I have just one issue that it should ask password before it anyone can remove it or else it’s of no use as anyone can simply remove it do whatever he or she wants and install it back as if nothing happened so this should be looked upon.
You cannot edit the blocked content, you cannot add a website in the list of sites that you consider apporpriated to your kid. You cannot allow youtube and cannot pause the extension. In the Chrome’s extensions management section, there is no way to include a website in a “permit” list
Works well: applies rules to incognito browsing too, protects itself against removal with password. Sadly Microsoft (as usual) have somewhat undermined a great product with their new approach to EDGE family safety. You’d have a REAL winner if you included protection for EDGE too
buen control, te deja tener mejor opciones
Finally a working web filter without bugs and a really easy to use interface. Nice job.
really usefull if you want your kids to have safe internet surfing
Great web filter! Very effective!Was searching for hours and I finally found the perfect web filter for the protection of my child! Great job!Well done!