Social Disconnect Plus is a browser extension that removes all sorts of Social Media content on webpages (i.e. the Facebook like button and other widgets).
Some features include:
1. removes all types of social contents from web pages.
2. uses selective rules from FanBoys social blocking list.
3. makes your browsing faster, private and more secure.
4. clicking on the toolbar icon enables or disables the addon.
5. toolbar icon’s label informs you about the extension status (enable, disable or allow)
6. badge icon’s text shows the number of blocked items within the current page (changing the active tab will change the badge text)
Note 1: This Addon does not remove social contents used for writing review in websites (i.e. Facebook comments plug-in)
Note 2: in order to add or remove a website from the whitelist table, you can also use Hotkeys: (Ctrl + Shift + A) to add or (Ctrl + Shift + V) to remove.
Please note: in order to report bugs, please visit the addon’s Homepage (http://mybrowseraddon.com/social-disconnect-plus.html) and fill the bug report form.
Tobias Freudenreich is right. it does not block the Facebook Comments Plugin.
Sadly, it does not block the Facebook Comments Plugin, so I fear it might miss other things too