(previously known as Bandcamp Tag Search)
— THE BIG 2.0 UPDATE!
— Massively improved number of results and time it takes to return them!
Bandcamp is a great place to find new and fascinating music.
But you probably have an idea of your type of music so actually finding new things matching that taste is a bit tough.
This tool helps you out by letting you search for different tags/genres/locations and finds albums that match all those criterias.
Type in a tag, genre or location and press add. Repeat for all criterias you want to find albums for. Click the x to the right of the added search criteria to remove it.
When you find an interesting album, click on it to jump to its page.
Note that search criterias that have not been cached previously might take a while for the server to cache up.
– It isn’t possible to get all albums from Bandcamp so some albums might be missing.
Also available as a webpage at www.campexplorer.io
Code is available at https://github.com/SvDvorak/CampExplorer
– Improved number of results returned by up to 10x
– Instantaneous results for previously searched tags
– Changed app logo
– Changed name from Bandcamp Tag Search to Camp Explorer
– Added logo and title in popup
– Added release notes in app
– Added app review question
– Minor fix in preparation for larger update
– Fixed rare error when having multiple tags
– Changed Bandcamp throttling message.
– Fixed app not handling 503 (Service unavailable) errors which occurs when searching Bandcamp too often. App now retries multiple times with a longer timeout for each try. A graphical icon next to the search spinner indicates when this is happening.
– Initial release