This is for use with Einstein Analytics dashboards – more specifically, on the JSON editor.
It enables a page action when editing JSON on an Einstein Analytics dashboard, and when activated, will show a menu of available steps to modify, which will bring up a code editor. It will only show custom SAQL queries and is ideal when modifying SAQL with bindings, since the standard editor won’t allow direct editing.
Note: this is WIP, and feedback is always appreciated.
– Complete overhaul of popup – conversion to full web pages
– backup and all other API related calls utilising new format
– Initial work to run in sandbox environments (metadata export/ backup not working)
– Dataflow layout enhancements – auto arrange, straighten, auto load/ save attempts
– Small fix to ensure running in sandbox environments
– removed unnecessary permissions in manifest
– BUGFIX ensured that the static editor functionality is all there.
– This release should have most of functionality running with future release – have had to put in support to run with a new editor (SAQL). Note – drag drop not working on SAQL editor.
– Added job history node download for detailed dataflow run analysis.
– BUGFIX put in fix to stop split error message on measure filter in lens
– Initial work to ensure it works with future releases of Einstein/ Salesforce
– Updated both saql editing and dataflow layouts to handle multiple containers
– Added comments (by right mouse clicking) for dataflow layouts
– Added description text box for saql editing (appears on side tree)
– Added dataflow layout handling
– Added more functionality to the popup page around Metadata/ Discovery
– tweaked backup to allow more functionality
– added popup functionality to allow backup of recently modified objects in EA
– added shortcut (default Ctrl-Shft-S) to toggle sidebar – can be modified in extensions/ keyboard shortcuts
– added ‘draggable’ menu to show datasets used in current SAQL query – and SAQL functions as well (ie, can drag/ drop measures/ dims into editor)
– tweaked the static editor to allow for more room (use resizable text area)
– automatically append new lines after ‘;’ if none present (displays nicer)
– tweaked the static flex editor to provide more control over the data type (classify as string, number or object/array by toggling button)
– made side menu size adjustable by dragging bottom corner square
– can show hide side by clicking on the icon
– also allows you to modify pigql style setup
– now you can right click on components to rename (including attached widgets)
– when clicking/ editing entities, it also jumps to the location in the json
– new static step editor