Fokal replaces your browsers text selection highlight with a visual upgrade that is easier on the eyes.
Most prominent feature is the ability to dim the background to emphasise your selection.
You can customize the shapes and visual appearance of your highlighting. The background dimmer can be changed individually from the sharp text highlight.
The extension uses a fullscreen HTML5 Canvas and will attempt to emulate the shape of your browsers selection as efficiently and accurately as possible, so that it works in a way that is very familiar to you already.
Nexii (the developer) has been using this for more than half a year and swears by it. By no means perfect, but once you use it you won’t go back 🙂
– Updated shape algorithms (Rounding works somewhat better)
– Added and enabled Selection settings
— Similar to background dim settings, but you can also change line width
– Fixed selection colour
– Newer options backend
– Enabled Dim settings
– Added padding. You can control how far or close the background dim is
– Added blur. You can now blur the background dim, to avoid harsh edges
– Improved algorithm
– Hide Fokal when using right-click context menu, to avoid “Inspect” mode accidentally hitting the Fokal canvas
– Disabled all options temporarily while coming up with newer settings menu
It’s definitely what Im looking for in idea point of view.
But it’s unusable for now:(
Old selection is does kill all the benefits from that plugin.
On some sites, like duckduckgo search page selection is randomly.
Also it would be greate to have multi-selection. (Don’t forget add custom shortcut, cause ctrl+click does appears as right click on mac:))
Good thought – bad realization: cancels ‘copy’ in the context menu