Development and debugging assistant for Knockout JS
– Display the hovered element’s KnockoutJS context, HTML tag and attributes
– Traverse complex objects and arrays
– Set values of variables and observables
– Convert plain variables into observables
– Refresh hovered element’s KO bindings
– Log context objects straight into the browser Dev tools console
– Shortcuts for following the mouse cursor & toggling live context
– Click and execute a function
Also available on Mozilla Firefox.
Tested KnockoutJS versions:
Supports KnockoutJS loaded as a RequireJS module.
HOW TO USE
Right click on a page that runs KnockoutJS and press the “KO Context Hover” option to activate the panel. Shortcuts for controlling mouse pointer following/live context data are present at the top of the panel.
Please note that KnockoutJS makes use of unsafe practices (e.g. eval, innerHTML). This will cause browser validators to flag this extension with several warnings.
Please note that this extension was developed for personal needs. I may not maintain future KoJS version compatibility or provide any support. With that said, please feel free to contribute to the GitHub repo.
Invaluable tool for doing coding with KOjs. Thank you very much for taking the time to make this, it is greatly appreciated. I have been using a different tool but it has performance issues when using complex models so searched for something else and came across this.
Thank you, this extension is very useful.
what a shame to invest time developing something and not have the intelligence to add a sentence or two on how to use it or what to do if it doesn’t work.
how do you and people like you consider yourselves developers? you must work in some dump.