Search and highlight or redact text quickly on almost any web page AND local files.
Like keywording? MultiHighlighter is a light-weight, yet powerful extension that allows multi-word searching/highlighting on almost any web page and local files.
NEW: Chrome web store feedback: Visit https://chrome.google.com/webstore/support/ocifbglmlbpgpbflnkfpclkmckoollbn to post any questions or comments you have about this extension; we will be able to reply to your inquiries via this open forum.
– The MultiHighlighter search bar is wired to a hotkey combination (Ctrl+Shift+A to display, Esc to close)
– All search terms are highlighted with a unique background ‘highlighter’ color
– A real-time count of the number of matched terms appears in the search status area
– Text redaction option allows you to redact currently highlighted terms
– MultiHighlighter does not interfere with the default Chrome browser search functionality
– Highlighting is preserved when printing to standard media or to PDF
– To display the MultiHighlighter search bar, click the extension icon, or press Ctrl+Shift+A in combination after a page has loaded
– Search and highlight occurs as you type in the MultiHighlighter search box
– Highlighting persists after closing the MultiHighlighter search bar
– Highlighting can be removed by clearing all text in the MultiHighlighter search box
– To close the MultiHighlighter search box, press the Esc key, or click the ‘X’ on the right-hand side
– Only words with a length greater than or equal to 2 are searchable
– Search is currently case-insensitive
– Redaction functionality is currently in-process and will be available soon
– This does not work when viewing PDF documents in Chrome
Feeling generous? You can contribute to this project from CCDevGroup by visiting our PayPal donation page: http://bit.ly/xIqtE3.
Visit http://facebook.com/ccdevgroup and follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/CCDevGroup to find out about the latest updates and to post your comments or suggestions.
NOTE: If you notice any issues when updating to a new version of this extension, try clearing your browser cache, and then restarting your browser session.