Search and highlight or redact text quickly on almost any web page AND local files.
Like keywording? MultiHighlighter is a light-weight, yet powerful extension that allows multi-word searching/highlighting on almost any web page and local files.
NEW: Chrome web store feedback: Visit https://chrome.google.com/webstore/support/ocifbglmlbpgpbflnkfpclkmckoollbn to post any questions or comments you have about this extension; we will be able to reply to your inquiries via this open forum.
– The MultiHighlighter search bar is wired to a hotkey combination (Ctrl+Shift+A to display, Esc to close)
– All search terms are highlighted with a unique background ‘highlighter’ color
– A real-time count of the number of matched terms appears in the search status area
– Text redaction option allows you to redact currently highlighted terms
– MultiHighlighter does not interfere with the default Chrome browser search functionality
– Highlighting is preserved when printing to standard media or to PDF
– To display the MultiHighlighter search bar, click the extension icon, or press Ctrl+Shift+A in combination after a page has loaded
– Search and highlight occurs as you type in the MultiHighlighter search box
– Highlighting persists after closing the MultiHighlighter search bar
– Highlighting can be removed by clearing all text in the MultiHighlighter search box
– To close the MultiHighlighter search box, press the Esc key, or click the ‘X’ on the right-hand side
– Only words with a length greater than or equal to 2 are searchable
– Search is currently case-insensitive
– Redaction functionality is currently in-process and will be available soon
– This does not work when viewing PDF documents in Chrome
Feeling generous? You can contribute to this project from CCDevGroup by visiting our PayPal donation page: http://bit.ly/xIqtE3.
Visit http://facebook.com/ccdevgroup and follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/CCDevGroup to find out about the latest updates and to post your comments or suggestions.
NOTE: If you notice any issues when updating to a new version of this extension, try clearing your browser cache, and then restarting your browser session.
shortcuts were not working, tried everything – finally shortcut worked one time, but could only search one term. Useless 🙁
I love this tool, very simple and a must for every serious researchers out there looking to save time finding content with having to read the whole texts. Keep up the great work! ^_^
Great Chome Extension!
Не работает, по клику по иконке ничего не происходит.
Хоч тисни ctrl+shift+A хоч тисни на піктограму все одно рядок пошуку не відображається.
Didn’t do anything at all after clicking on the icon, even after a browser restart
Tried reopening my browser, Still nothing.
works great. on huge sites it takes a little to load but it’s working and ez to use… Good work and thanks 😉
It is super helful overall when you have been working for hours and are tired. This really helps to keep you focus on what you are searching in long texts
MAKE MY WORK LOT EASIER THEN BEFORE . BEST PART ABOUT THIS IS EASY TO USE AND SEARCH VARIOUS THINGS JUST BY TYPING THEM ALTOGETHER INSTEAD OF TYPING THEM SAPERATLY.
Qnother extension using ridiculously generic styles in it’s stylesheets like ‘ui-button’, which clashes with existing pages and causes things to mess up! Please prefix something unique to your style names to reduce the chances of them clashing with pages.
not working after 100 clicks
Would be great if the scroll bar could also show the results, so you can go straight to the part of the document where most results converge
É boa e bem útil. Falta “memorizar” as palavras. Elas somem após atualizar a página, sendo necessário digitar tudo novamente. Marca as palavras com radicais que combinam.
Não suporta YT.
I cannot work without it
Слова ищет, но искажается интерфейс яндекс почты. С другими приложениями таких проблем не было.