Scroll Master is a web page scroller/slider that lets you:
Overview the web page
Creates a thumbnail of the full web page and quickly jumps to sections of interest.
Allows to add marks on long web pages to remember positions.
Click the mark button at the top to add a mark or right click on the scroller for more options. Scroll Master tries to stay out of your way, and appears only when it is likely to be useful.
Scroll Master will not work in tabs that were open prior to installation. After installing this extension, either reload your open tabs or restart Chrome. Due to security features of Google Chrome, Scroll Master will not show up on Chrome Web Store, or inside of other Chrome extensions.
Not working as of 22nd Jan 2021.
Doesn’t show anything at all, can only access options menu.
Is the developer responsive at all, is it a dead extension? plenty people here saying it doesn’t work for a long time, and the developer doesn’t even respond o.O
Oh well, i love the idea, and it seems many other extensions have tried this in the past, but are dead, the only one i found that actually works is “Scroll Preview” currently at version 5.2 and it’s great!
hope this helps others looking for this great functionality 🙂
cant even launch this extension , it doesnt work
It doesn’t seem to work for me 🙁
like it very much!
Not wanting to lower this extension’s rating cause it’s possible I’m just dumb.
Re: “Click the mark button at the top to add a mark or right click on the scroller for more options. Scroll Master tries to stay out of your way, and appears only when it is likely to be useful.”
Left clicking and Right clicking both just open a drop down menu – the same exact drop down menu. So, so far this tool hasn’t been usable, though I really wish it was!
VERY interesting idea, but needs a lot more work to be fully practical.
* Usually doesn’t actually load the page previews even if you have this feature turned on.
* Is very slow to appear, and seems to wait for entire page content to load (every image, etc), when it could start working as soon as the base page structure has loaded. Not sure there’s a way around that, but these days there probably is.
* Needs to be hideable until wanted, e.g. appearing only when hovering over the scrollbar, and triggerable with a user-definable hotkey combination.
* Needs to have an opacity control, both a default and an on-the-fly control (and with option to set the change to be a new default, a per-window temporary change, a per-site (domain) setting, or a per-URL (exact page) setting; again because it often interferes with page content, and because page content and layout vary widely.
* Needs to be re-positionable on the fly by drag-and-drop, for the same reason.
* Needs to be re-sizable on the fly by click-and-drag on its corners, for the same reason.
* Needs alternative default placement options (e.g. top right, bottom right, center right, and maybe other options, like away from the scroll bar itself (though I wouldn’t use that last option myself, maybe someone would really like far-left to be a new kind of navigation and far-right to be the usual).
* We should be able to set bookmark color at bookmark time, not as just a one-size-fits-all setting in the main extension configuration menu.
* Minor quibble: the bookmark icon is overly large; a small line or thin arrow would be better, or have several options available.
I don’t find this actually very useful in its present barely implemented state. I thought of giving it 3 stars, but I don’t want to be discouraging, because with additional refinement, i can see it being extremely useful and perhaps inspirational of a general trend for scrolling navigation in the 2020s. This really has that much potential. (And one can image additional, more special features, like selecting a range between markers with an option to screenshot to print only the contents of that range; different kinds of markers (tags) with different colors, and editable annotations about them, and perhaps some kind of tag searching function and database (e.g. to find everything I have tagged with “add to wishlist”, “use as a source for paper on Gaulish linguistics”, “recipe to try”, “post to reply to”, etc., even if the pages are now closed.)
die Idee ist gut, jedoch fehlen einige Funktionen wie z.B. Größe und Position einstellen, Transparenz und Durchklickbarkeit bzw. aktivieren mit z.B. STRG + Maus damit keine Inhalte der Website verdeckt werden.
Die Bookmarkfunktion ist eine gute Sache.
근데 유튜브 들어가면 사이트가 먹통 되네요.
вроде то, что хотел – как в блокноте kate, но из-за него на ютубе выскакивает ошибка, поэтому я расширение использую в режиме – перезагрузите страницу, чтоб использовать расширение
Amazing everything except most pages thumbnail doesn’t show!!
more storage and sharing functions
It’s mal ware that I can’t get rid of.
I like it very much and i think it can be better. If this tool can store the web scroll mark and when I next time visit this web it could auto slide to the last mark position,it would be very useful when I read the long api documents.
Awesome sublime text minimap-like scrolling tool for google chrome. Hope there’s a similar plugin for Firefox 😛