A lightweight extension that prevents Chrome from closing when the last tab is closed.
It uses the naive and very simple method of opening a new tab when there is only one tab left.
Another way to look at it is that it try to ensure that there are at least 2 tabs.
Features event page to ensure that it unloads when not needed.
No options and nothing flashy to warrant a screenshot 😛
Making this extension as simple as possible.
Decided to make this as Chrome Toolbox doesn’t work anymore on recent Chrome versions.
– set the active tab back to the first tab
– remove use of deprecated property
– changed a deprecated api call
– hopefully fix unclosable main Chrome window if theres a Chrome app loaded as a separate window
– changed the delay method of the timer
– added a delay to the tab creation method
– first version
KNOWN BUG (probably fixed):
As the function that creates the new tab locks for about 1 second to alleviate the problem of multiple new tabs opening on operations like using ‘close tabs to the right’ on a large number of tabs:
– there may be times where the new tab does not show up (e.g fast closing of tab, faster than 1 second when the function is still locked) or
– there may be times when more than one new tabs show up (e.g using ‘close tabs to the right’ on a large number of tabs, slower than 1 second thus triggering the function again).