SpeakIt! is free text to speech extension that reads selected text using TTS technology with language auto-detection. It can read text in more than 50 languages.
– First select the text you want it to read.
– Then click the icon to start listening.
– When it is ready to read, the number of sentences is shown on the icon.
– To stop listening at any time click pause
– After installation you may need to restart Chrome so SpeakIt can function correctly
– This extension uses Google text-to-speech service. Please visit http://goo.gl/OOVgp to see if it is accessible to you.
New in v 0.2.98:
– Small bug fixes
– Fixed update bug
New in v 0.2.4:
– Switched to Chrome lang detect API due to Google translate API has been deprecated (SpeakIt now detect input language by language of whole page not only selected text 🙁 🙁 )
– Improved how SpeakIt! splits sentences, now it stops on right places and pronunciation is much better.
– Added internationalization support. SpeakIt! is now localized on 12 languages.
– Fixed some small bugs
New in v 0.2.3:
– Implemented new Chrome TTS API
– Added offline (native) TTS support
– Added feature to add and configure new TTS engines/voices
– Fixed some bugs
New in v 0.2.2:
– Added keyboard shortcut support
– Added context menu support
– Added new features in options page
– Fixed some bugs
New in v 0.2.1:
– Added Speech Input feature ( Speech to Text ) enable from options
– Changed User Graphical Interface, SpeakIt now use Zen audio player which i hope you will like it 😉
– Fixed lot of bugs that caused previous version of SpeakIt to end in middle of reading
– Added Options feature
– Added donations button ( can be hidden from options menu )
Any comments, suggestions and critics are welcomed you can contact me on twitter @SkechBoy
If you like the extension please rate it.